ADVERTISEMENT

Playoff Scores

Playoffs are w-o-n-d-e-r-f-u-l and exciting!!! Union plays Chapin this evening. I see where Chapin's coach has purchased tickets to give away and is providing free pizza to all Chapin fans that show up. You know what? That's great!!! That's the school supporting its team and encouraging others to do the same. Maybe I'll pass the word for Union fans to come incognito and at least share the pizza. Looking forward to a good game between two well matched teams. Good luck to both sides, play your best and hope all travel safely.

Lugoff beat Mann

Lugoff/Byrnes for upstate
Summer/Strat for lower

3 of 4 female head coaches. Can't ignore that trend.

Shocked.....just shocked.

Why? Stratford beat them 3 out of 5 games this year. All 5 were good games to watch.
Now to address something that I thought was discussed and clarified numerous times on this board and SCHSL. Artificial noise makers in the dugout are not permitted. Pretty sure cow bells fall into that category, especially concerning to see them being used by some coaches.

Last edited:
Why? Stratford beat them 3 out of 5 games this year. All 5 were good games to watch.
Now to address something that I thought was discussed and clarified numerous times on this board and SCHSL. Artificial noise makers in the dugout are not permitted. Pretty sure cow bells fall into that category, especially concerning to see them being used by some coaches.

On June 3 of last year, the NCAA prohibited the use of artificial noisemakers during softball competition. It added that softball equipment, bats, balls etc. must only be used for their intended purpose, and not in a way to make artificial noise.

The high schools only address noise in their general section that artificial noise cannot be used to harass, intimidate, an individual athlete.

That is the rules. It is common knowledge in softball, and confirmed by the NCAA, that the use of artificial noisemakers (in the entire stadium) during competition is cheating.

Being said, it is solely up to the high school coach to formally protest this use of noisemakers. One of two things will happen. The noise will stop, or the HS Committee will be forced to make a tough decision.

NCAA Already made the rule change. It is only a matter of time for HS to follow suit. The climate against the few who use noise as a competitive advantage is rapidly going against them.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT