ADVERTISEMENT

Five on the Rise

JB_a_Rivals

Varsity All American
May 7, 2003
These players are listed in alphabetical order and are Class of 2016 players unless otherwise noted. [/I][/B]

Brendan Hill, Linebacker, Heathwood Hall - Hill is a mystery player for the next level; he definitely has the measurables as a top athlete. At 6-3, 210 he has the performance set that you'd like to see at linebacker. The evaluation question that remains is can he come down hill and hit from the inside? We don't know that yet. How good is he in coverage? We don't know that either. But he does possess the physical skills and has enough intrigue about him that he's managed to land three offers - the latest Notre Dame. If he can demonstrate the afore mentioned skills on film this year, he could see his stock increase tremendously.

Collin Hill, Quarterback, Dorman High School - I first touted Hill prior to his junior year before he had even taken a varsity snap based on evaluation in camp. He had a stellar season as a junior for the Cavaliers and this 6-4, 210lbs signal caller now has four Division I offers on the table. He's got near flawless mechanics and a cannon for an arm. His biggest attribute is that he is a very cerebral player and prepares himself for opponents very well by studying the game film.

Matthew Martin, Wide Receiver, Westside High School - Martin is a 6-0, 175lbs kid that if you looked at him walk on the field your first impression is "this kid is not a football player." But when the lights come on, Martin demonstrates his prowess as one of the top skills players in the state. With blazing sub 4.4 speed and uncanny body control in transition combined with excellent hands, Martin is going to be a hot commodity as a receiver for the next level. His size will be sneezed at but he is a definite DI-A caliber prospect.

Will Register, Tight End, Chapin High School - Register is a Class of 2017 player but is definite big time talent. At 6-4, 220lbs, Register can play a weakside defensive end for the Eagles well, but it is at Tight End where I think he has his biggest upside. He's got a great frame, shows very good technique in the run game as a blocker, and runs routes like a wide receiver, with great hands. He's an excellent prospect as a Tight End-H Back type of player and is in my 2017 Top Ten already.

OrTrey Smith, Wide Receiver, Wando High School - (Pictured Below) Another 2017 player, Smith is a 6-4, 205lbs talent that I got a very good look at in the Charleston QB1 camp. He's got very good physical skills, with great vertical ability and good focus on the football. He's still learning to control his rapidly growing body in transition situations but possesses good speed. I like him, easily, as one of the 2017 cycle's top prospects in South Carolina. He already has a handful of schools indicating their interest in offering.

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News